English Classes - IELTS
AdmissionIndia is committed to providing its students with IELTS coaching to fulfill the admission needs of students keen on pursuing their studies abroad.
The IELTS is an English language exam that students are expected to take when considering studying in an English-speaking country. The countries that require international students to take the IELTS for university admissions are the UK, Australia, New Zealand, the USA, Canada, and a few other European countries. The IELTS exam assesses the overall English proficiency of students in listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
What do we do at AdmissionIndia?
Our goal is to develop an English language service that significantly improves the academic life of students. We hope to achieve this by providing the highest quality of language education and training for students from all segments of the socio-economic strata, even those with limited means but who can comprehend and use English in some capacity, so as to help them improve. We look for opportunities to meet the studentsâ€™ expectations and are focused on serving our customers in the best possible manner. In doing so we provide IELTS Exam Preparation and Training to help students develop the reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills needed to pass the IELTS exam. We provide personalised study materials based on the individual needs of the students; both for classroom practice and for practice at home.
The Target Group for language classes:
- Local students â€“ This is a group of local students, professionals, and members of the general public residing in India that are keen on taking the IELTS exams.
- International / Online students â€“ This group comprises students and working professionals willing to take the IELTS exams but reside at various locations worldwide. We are willing to conduct online classes for these students, via zoom or any other convenient virtual platform.
The duration of classes: 2 Hours
- The length of course:
2 to 3 months depending on the urgency of the student requiring the classes. In the case of students requiring IELTS classes, we offer classes of 2 to 3 weeks duration depending on the urgency of the application to the Universities abroad.
- Identification of Skills:
Students that enroll for the IELTS classes are assessed on each skill and further sub-skill. This will help the language tutors identify which skill that the students are good at and which requires an improvement.
The following section is a breakup of each of the IELTS skills into sub-skills.
- Listen to understand the main ideas.
- Listen for detailed information.
- Recognise the opinions, attitudes, and purpose of the speaker.
- Follow the development of an argument.
- Speak fluently and in a manner that is understood by others.
- Use a suitable variety of vocabulary and grammar.
- Pronounce words accurately.
- Read to understand the gist, and what the topic is about.
- Read to understand the main idea.
- Understand detailed information within the text.
- Understand inferences and implied meaning in the text.
- Recognise the writerâ€™s opinion, attitude, and purpose.
- Follow the development of an argument.
- Include appropriate content.
- Understand how to organise sentences and paragraphs.
- Organise ideas and information correctly.
- Use the appropriate range of vocabulary.
- Use correct grammar.
Choosing the right skills and sub-skills to work with, allow students to turn their weakness into strengths, thereby resulting in a feeling of being happy and confident with taking the IELTS exam.
- The following are a few methods that are suggested by our tutors to assist students with tackling the IELTS exam:
- Paying attention to feedback: Take an initial IELTS assessment, the results of which will help you identify which of your skills are stronger than the other.
- Based on the results of the initial assessment students are encouraged to think about which part of the IELTS was difficult to tackle.
- Lastly, practice and practice! Regular practice of mock tests will build up the level of confidence in students and increase their chance of getting similar questions right the next time around.